Raspberry Pi: Tuning Firefox
From Open Source@Seneca
- Reduce Firefox's memory footprint so it is feasible to run on a 128 MB Raspberry Pi system.
- Create multiple virtual machines with comparable specs to that of the Raspberry Pi. (128 MB of RAM, same processor speed, etc.)
- Tweak and experiment with Firefox configurations, addons, and packages, seeing what uses an acceptable memory footprint.
- Host machine for VMs
- Raspberry Pi Fedora Release
0.1 - Proof of Concept
- Build several Virtual Machines with Raspberry Pi specs, using the appropriate Fedora build
- Experiment with various combinations of Firefox configurations to find smaller memory footprints
0.2 - Rough Results
- Find/Propose several options for Firefox configurations
0.3 - Final Recommendation
- Collaborate with those in the Open Source community, and decide on one/a few ideal configurations for various ARM Fedora Builds